Monday, October 6, 2014

Why affordable acupuncture?

Affordable acupuncture because I believe that people should be able to afford an hour a week to take care of themselves, balance their mind / body / spirit with some needles and a little rest. 


Acupuncture is one of the most powerful tools I have found to maintain my health and well-being. One a weekly to every-other week basis I get a treatment. It helps maintain my energy, immunity, digestion, emotional balance and I'm pretty sure it's preventing a whole lot of pain and illness.

Traditionally the relationship to your acupuncturist was to pay them and see them on a regular basis to help keep you healthy. While you kept up your end of the deal (eating well, sleeping well, not overworking) the symbiotic friendship would keep you running through the various ups and downs of life. When illness occasionally occurred, the acupuncturist would keep treating you, and not getting paid. The incentive here is clear, keep your patient healthy.

This is how I practice, I enjoy seeing "healthy" people take care of their ailments and send them on their ways to work in their bustling lives. When they collapse on my table on a weekly basis without improvement, we know that something is not working. My job is to help balance their system with needles and maybe some herbs. Their job is to try to sleep, eat, exercise well so that they can keep whatever sense of balance they left the treatment with.

Long answer for a short questions, but it's so important! We live in such a rush we forget to take care of our homes, the body we are living in. My message is that, affordable acupuncture is so valuable it's invaluable. It is a preventative measure to care for yourself in a deep, true way. There are other methods of course, but I suggest giving it a try. Take the time to care for your mind / body / spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment